Senior Concept Artist
FoxnextSan Jose, CA
Full Time Job
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Sr. Concept Artist to join our world class team on our next AAA title for consoles and PC! Are you a passionate concept artist looking to help establish the vision for an exciting new world? Do you revel in amazing the team with your innovative designs, and then seeing them come to life in the game? Join our creative, collaborative studio and help inspire greatness!
Here's the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you'll own the product management responsibilities for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
• Help establish the art vision for characters, worlds, weapons, and props
• Create concept art to be used as a guide for developing 3D game assets
• Create thumbnails, mood explorations, and model sheets
• Collaborate with other artists and designers to creatively solve problems
• Assist in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
• Help define and maintain the high quality bar for the game
• Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
• Guide and mentor other team members
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that's what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
• Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Concept Artist
• Professional experience working in games or entertainment
• Ability to quickly iterate on design ideas and feedback from Directors
• Ability to clearly communicate design ideas both verbally and visually
• Self driven with strong communication skills
• Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
• Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
• An eye and for mood, lighting, composition, and color
• Passion for playing and creating games
• Understanding of how 2D concept art translates to real time 3D spaces
Would Love to See
• Experience with Unreal Engine and/or 3D art creation applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.