Senior Audio Designer
FoxnextSan Jose, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Audio Designer
Cold Iron Studios
San Jose, CA
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Audio Designer to join us in creating a shooter set in the Alien universe for consoles and PC! Are you passionate about using audio to help make players immersed in the world you're helping to create? Do you have an appreciation for the Aliens movies and want to contribute to the expansion of the world?
Here's the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you'll help own the audio design for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
• Working with the project leads to set the standard and deliver a AAA audio experience by utilizing expertise in gameplay audio, dialog processing, integration and final mixing.
• Design immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the narrative.
• Working with the project leads to set the standard for music in the game. Oversee and manage external resources to build the soundtrack for the game.
• Working closely and effectively with others in cross-discipline teams during implementation and iteration.
• Troubleshoot audio issues, optimizing to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms.
• Collaborate with engineers to build and refine audio tools.
• Self-manage audio quality and efficiency standards to meet milestone deliverables.
• Owning the final mix for the SFX, voice over and music in the game.
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that's what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
• 5 years' experience in video game development with multiple titles shipped.
• Experience shipping at least one title using Wwise.
• Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, REAPER, etc.
• Enjoys playing and creating games.
• Self-driven with strong communication skills.
• Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership.
• Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player.
Would Love to See
• Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
• Experience with music and dialog systems in Unreal.
• 4-year Bachelor's degree.
• Or equivalent industry experience.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Life Insurance
• Business Travel Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Long Term Disability
• Employee Referral Program
• Education Reimbursement
• Fitness Club Discounts
• Training and Development
• Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
• Merchandise Discounts
About our Location
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25 awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.