FoxnextPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Concept Artist for mobile games
FoxNext Games Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values... but most of all we care about our community of players. We don't just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you're thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At FoxNext LA, located just three miles from the Pacific in Playa Vista CA, you'll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires & Allies, and Diablo.
Day to Day
• Collaborate with Art leads and Design teams to conceive and reinterpret characters from the Marvel Universe and to create new unique characters
• Create stunning, aspirational key art to be used in game.
• Translating visual development and ideation into polished production-ready work
• Provide research and conceptual development ideas independently
• Consistently strive to exceed the highest quality standards of the studio
Required Experience and Skills:
• 3 years Concept Art experience in a video game production environment
• Extensive portfolio displaying mastery of color, composition, form and design within various mediums, with an eye for detail.
• Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy
• Art or related college or university degree
• Superior communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take direction and constructive criticism in a positive manner
Desirable Experience and Skills:
• Understanding of animation principles and systems
• Experience with mobile development, live F2P games in particular
• Experience with Maya or other 3D software packages
• Credit on multiple shipped titles
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
FoxNext Games, a world-class mobile game development studio, is in search of a Concept Artist to join our development team on MARVEL STRIKE FORCE. We need a strong creative contributor with an eye for detail and limitless imagination. Your passion for games and the Marvel Universe helps you bring to life your favorite heroes and villains, and contribute to one of the most visually ambitious mobile experiences ever.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.