FoxnextPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant Game Designer
FoxNext Games is looking for a motivated designer to join the Marvel Strike Force team! The ideal candidate has experience with rpg or strategy game systems and content, and understands how game balance, controls, and aesthetics interact to create a compelling combat experience. Additionally, the candidate will be an avid player of RPG's, strategy, and action games across multiple platforms.
• Work with combat design team to implement and tune characters.
• Assist in the development of new systems and features.
• Write flavor and gameplay text for characters, items, and missions.
• Maintain a deep understanding of game modes, economic systems, and upcoming features.
• Maintain a deep understanding of a wide variety of player motivations based on player type and game factors.
• Fundamental UI and control design skills, and understanding of resource systems.
• Fundamental aesthetic, pacing, and balance comprehension.
• Strong sensitivity to gameplay and social game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
• Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
• Experience with game engines and tools, such as Unity or Unreal.
• 1 years of experience shipping AAA console, PC, or mobile titles in design roles, or extensive experience in another capacity, such as QA.
• Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on game systems, story, art, and content development.
• A deep passion for strategy, action, and RPG games.
• A strong understanding of modern mobile game development.
• Experience using spreadsheet tools such as Excel and Google Docs.
• A deep understanding of social, mobile, and free-to-play game systems and economies.
• A passion for Marvel comics and movies.
• Shipped or supported live ops for 1 games targeted for mobile platforms or built on the Unity engine.
• Experience working with databases, Perforce source control, Unity, and .json files.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.