FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President of Production will lead the physical production function for original scripted programming at TCFTV and will be responsible for all aspects of production for series and pilot productions including locations, production planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, production and post-production.
In addition to managing the day-to-day operations, the Vice President of Production will work closely with the creative team, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties. S/he will employ the help of freelance talent and should have an extensive list of contacts they can utilize on a project basis. Specifically, the Vice President of Production will be responsible for:
• Working closely with the Executive Vice President of Production and the Creative Team to ensure the vision of all TCFTV original programming is being realized through quality production;
• Effectively communicating with Producers, Showrunners in the execution of their duties;
• Supervising all aspects of scripted production, as well as develop effective procedures and systems to keep productions running smoothly;
• Teaming with Co-Productions, Third Parties and Acquisitions staff to support co-production and reformatting efforts;
• Successfully negotiating deals with new Producers/ Third Party Production Companies;
• Drafting and publishing initial production budgets, schedules and planning documents;
• Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to schedule, budgets, update meetings, etc. Report any schedule and budget challenges and provide solutions;
• Solving budgetary issues while maintaining the creative integrity of the program;
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Providing daily supervision for Production Supervisors, Managers, and Production Coordinators for scripted programming;
• Review Production Reports, Hot Costs, and Cost Reports on a daily basis.
• Staying abreast of each state's tax incentive credits and film crew availability to get the best team working on projects and the best financial benefit for TCFTV.
• Working closely with colleagues within the organization to manage each project efficiently from pre-production though the show launch.
• Stay abreast of new developing digital production technologies, work flows and new cameras
The Vice President of Production must have experience in scripted television production. S/he may be working at a major studio, a production company, or at a cable or broadcast network in television production.
S/he must have demonstrated success in planning and overseeing projects, working with outside vendors, extensive contacts, and the ability to cope with change. Production budgeting experience is required as well as the following:
• 10 years of experience in pre-production through post-production for long form programming possibly at a national broadcast or cable network;
• The ability to successfully translate vision into strategy, and then turn that strategy into action through motivating and managing a production team;
• Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail which will ensure the production process runs smoothly and efficiently;
• The ability to appreciate different points of view, yet wholeheartedly embrace the culture of TCFTV;
• A strong understanding of the television production process and working familiarity with the various entertainment guilds and unions for film and TV including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE;
• Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients;
• A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network;
• Experience building and working as part of a cohesive team;
• Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines;
• A high energy level and the ability to manage through a period of change and growth;
• The ability to work at the strategic level as well as operating day-to-day activities;
• Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize projects
• Excellent communications and relationship skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
20th Century Fox Television
A 21st Century Fox company, Twentieth Century Fox Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including this year's broadcast sensation and NBC's No. 1 series This is Us from Dan Fogelman; Fox's No. 1 series, Empire, from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer; ABC's No. 1 series and five-time Emmy Award-winning blockbuster comedy Modern Family from Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd; FX's No. 1 series American Horror Story from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk; the critically acclaimed new comedy hit Speechless; The Last Man on Earth, starring Will Forte; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, The Simpsons.