Summer Intern - International TVD Research
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
Projects will include: Daily tracking of 20th Century FOX TV Distribution Series and Films in key international territories, Weekly ratings analysis of local and U.S. content in 3 European territories, updating the International Series Track Reports for Germany, Spain, France, Italy and Australia and other ad hoc reports as needed. Compile and update reference archives with articles on content, subscribers, new platforms, and territories (that the Research, Marketing, and Sales teams can use as a resource).
• Interest for entertainment content, television and all viewing platforms is definitely essential.
• Have a specific interest in International Television Research (TV Ratings, Audience Demographics, Audience Profiles and Composition, Series Ratings Analysis, New Online Platforms).
• Willingness to share perspective of his/her live and online viewing habits and tastes and contribute to research team discussions on the industry.
• Working collaboratively with others; Eager to learn about international TV markets; Pays close attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills & research skills, professional demeanor, excellent verbal & communication skills.
Great Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• EXCEL -- Ideal candidates will have experience building charts and graphs from raw data and organizing large data sets into easy to read documents.
• PPT – Build and modify pitch presentation templates, update slide content including charts and graphs. Exploring new ways to visualize data is a plus.
• Familiarity with the following software/ability to learn new programs quickly – Box/Box Sync, MicroStrategy. You will also be learning some of Fox's internal systems and our Ratings Software ITVR so comfort with technology is key.
• Excellent internet research skills and interest in tracking new original series and films on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
20th Century Fox
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film (TCFF) produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. During fiscal 2017, TCFF placed 25 motion pictures in general release in the United States. The motion pictures produced and/or distributed by TCFF in the United States and international territories in fiscal 2017 included Hidden Figures, Logan, Jackie, and The Boss Baby. TCFF has released or currently plans to release approximately 23 motion pictures in the United States in fiscal 2018.