Social Media Producer / Editor - Outkick
OutKick is a leading national media platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports, pop culture, and politics. OutKick content and contributors, which are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts, and radio, reach tens of millions of fans each month. Originally founded by Clay Travis, OutKick is a FOX Corporation company. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
OutKick is looking for a Freelance Social Media Editor/Producer to join our Nashville team! The Freelance Social media Editor/Producer is a crucial member of the team as they help to produce content for our social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the OutKick site.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Edit/produce video pieces using Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
• Write scripts and gather elements, such as photos, video, and music
• Pitch, develop and execute new video ideas in a daily and breaking news environment
• Work with contributing talent to develop social segment ideas and bite-sized content
• Cover a range of video content including breaking news and features
• Collaborate with other social media producers to develop a social strategy, write and produce videos
• Reach out to the assignment desk to effort permission on content
• Coordinate and pitch new articles to enhance original video posts and build an audience
• Plan ahead to edit/produce social media content for specific initiatives and events
• Participate in broader strategic discussions re: content and audience engagement
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3 years of experience in news, TV, or web
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Good editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of sports, news and current events, entertainment, politics, and viral content
• Strong writing skills and the ability to self-proof
• Organization skills that allow for multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
• Positive and creative attitude with the ability to hit deadlines while working under pressure
• Ability to work independently, paired with a self-starter attitude
• Flexibility to work holidays and weekends according to the needs of breaking News
• Occasional travel may be required
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.