Quality Control Operator
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fox Networks Engineering & Operations is seeking Quality Control Operators (QC Op) with a passion for supporting the entire deliverable supply chain process. From receiving media assets to final distribution, the QC Op has technical mastery in media operations and is proficient in video, audio, and metadata quality control.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in media operations, has high attention to detail, and is extremely organized. The QC Op is fluent at communicating both technical and non-technical information, is comfortable working both independently and within an established team, and provides quality service with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
Fox Networks Engineering & Operations (NE&O) is located at Fox Studios Pico lot.
Verifies that deliverables meet the broadcast specification by performing accurate and systematic testing of audio, video and closed captioning to ensure media assets are impairment and artifact free.
Skills and Qualifications:
• High level of technical knowledge of audio, video, and closed captioning specifications and quality control for broadcast.
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot quality control issues.
• Ability to operate waveform monitors, vector scopes, audio metering applications, non-linear edit systems, and asset management systems.
• Great verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, capable of managing tasks efficiently, able to self-manage with a vested attitude.
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot operational issues in real time while thinking critically to find solutions and implement the corrective actions, including escalation when needed.
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
• Able to accurately read work order instructions and follow procedures.
• Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in processes, priorities, tasks and workload.
• Highly organized with the ability to work within a team.
Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, Dolby Meters, Baton, CaptionMaker/MacCaption, QuickTime Pro, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Asset Management Systems:
Avid Interplay, VIZ MAM.
Avid ISIS, Stornext SAN, NAS.
• File Transfer Systems:
Aspera, Signiant, Wire Drive, FTP, Dropbox, Box.
Mac and PC, Production Routers, Video I/O, Wave Form Monitors &Vector Scopes, Broadcast Monitors, Audio Phase Meters and Monitors, Intercoms.
• VTRs and Disk Recorders:
D5, HDSR, HDCam, DigiBeta, BetaSP, DVCPro, Blu Ray, DVD
• Media Files:
Codecs, video and audio coding formats (wrappers), frame rates, bit rates, sample rates.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Technology, or related discipline preferred.
• Must be available to work flexible hours, which includes nights and weekends.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online