Full Time Job
KTVU Fox 2 is looking for an experienced and dynamic news producer to join our team. This person not only knows how to tell stories but also know how to showcase them. We are looking for an innovator and a leader. Our producers are responsible for gathering and selecting news content. They are expected write and edit copy, assemble the stories into a rundown and create graphics and visuals to complement the presentation of the material. Our producers work directly with News Managers, Assignment Desk, Reporters, and other personnel on story conception, development and execution. KTVU producers are also expected to participate in editorial meetings to generate fresh content and ideas. Producers will also be assigned to produce and/or oversee special projects, productions, or live coverage of station-sponsored events.
• Must be able to write news copy clearly and concisely for air.
• Must be able to assemble news material in a logical and organized fashion
• Comprehension of the latest local, national and international news is necessary.
• Must have the ability to contribute ideas on a daily basis and recognize what types of stories would make for interesting and compelling television and online content.
• Should have the ability to adapt to a fast paced and quickly changing environment and react in live situations to cover breaking news, etc.
• Candidates should be enterprising and self-motivated.
• Candidates must have a strong thorough understanding of all journalistic standards.
• Other duties assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related field required.
• Must have experience producing TV newscasts (minimum of 3 years).
• Familiarity with Bit Central, iNews and Edius a plus.
• Must be able to meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality broadcasts.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with KTVU peers and supervisors.
• Must have thorough understanding of social media platforms and experience posting to digital platforms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.