Manager, Production Safety
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/5/2018 12:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Manager, Production Safety jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Production Safety postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Production Safety? Responsibilities:
• Plans, implements, coordinates, and assesses occupational safety and health programs for productions under general direction of the EHS Department.
• Analyzes reports of incidents and accidents and develops recommendations to reduce injuries and property damage.
• Investigates significant accidents and injuries to learn the root cause(s), to prevent repeat incidents in the future, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Provides/ Coordinates/ Implements/ Documents training programs to ensure production needs and compliance requirements are satisfied. Updates and maintains existing safety training programs and plans.
• Conducts inspections of production locations on a regular basis to detect hazards, unsafe work practices and procedures, fire and life safety issues, and code violations.
Prepares and disseminates memos and reports to productions relating to health and safety.
• Conducts health and safety orientations at production meetings for production management and department heads.
• Reviews stunts and special effects to ensure that reasonable precautions are taken, performers and crew are properly protected, and adequate emergency and medical personnel are present.
• Recommends and coordinates the use of outside consultants, including industrial hygienists, structural engineers, asbestos abatement companies, etc.
• Acts as a liaison with public and regulatory agencies. Involved in inspections, investigations, and resolution of any identified violations.
• Represents Fox Studios at industry-related group meetings and associations, such as the AMPTP. Support these groups
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health / Safety / Fire and/or Industrial Hygiene
• An A.S.P or C.S.P certification (Certified Safety Professional)
• OSHA training courses or seminars
• Certified as an Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
• Engineering degree or certificates
• Certificates in Loss Control and/or Risk Management, such as an A.R.M. (Associate in Risk Management)
• Ability to exercise professional judgment, sometimes in difficult or stressful conditions, in assessing hazards and demanding corrections
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work alone, often without supervision
• Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs and schedules of productions
• Ability to interact productively with a broad range of people and personalities
• Ability to use diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult issues
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in multiple locations
• Thorough knowledge of safety regulations and the production environment
• Ability to develop good working relationships with studio and production management
• Good follow up skills to ensure tasks are taken to completion
• Able to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in demanding situations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.