Assistant, TV Legal Affairs
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The person in this role will assist in legal aspects of network television production. Responsibilities are administrative (i.e., answering calls, formatting letters, scheduling meetings)
• Answering calls, sending emails/faxes, and assisting in distribution of agreements to executives on a regular basis.
• Scheduling meetings and conference calls, managing expense reports, and arranging mail, messenger and UPS/FedEx packages.
• Assisting with preparation of legal documents and redlines, drafting routine letters and other correspondence, and reviewing and editing prepared documents for accuracy.
• As position progresses, opportunity to clear scripts, review credits, and interact with television productions.
• Attention to detail.
• The ideal candidate will have prior legal or business affairs experience in the entertainment industry in an internship, clerkship, or as an associate.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Proven ability to manage multiple, frequently changing priorities and office tasks in a calm and systematic manner.
• Ability to demonstrate common sense, practicality and good judgment with proven ability to take the initiative in keeping the office organized and efficient.
• Have a team player attitude and an extremely pleasant professional presentation.
ABOUT TWENTIETH TELEVISION (the syndicated arm of Twentieth Century Fox Television)
A leader in the U.S. program distribution arena, Twentieth Television provides a wide array of first-run, network and off-network programming, as well as feature film packages, to the syndication and cable marketplaces. Off-net shows distributed by Twentieth Television include ''Modern Family,'' ''Empire,'' ''Family Guy,'' ''Glee,'' ''Last Man Standing,'' ''COPS Reloaded,'' ''Bones,'' ''How I Met Your Mother,'' ''American Dad,'' ''Bob's Burgers,'' and ''The Simpsons''. First-run programs distributed by Twentieth Television include television's longest running court show, ''Divorce Court'', the entertainment magazine program, ''Dish Nation'' and the Fall 2017 launch of ''Top 30'' and ''Page Six TV''. Twentieth also handles media sales on behalf of Debmar-Mercury programming including ''The Wendy Williams Show'' and ''Family Feud.''
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.