Fall Intern - DCG Software Engineering
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Fall 2018 - Undergraduate - DCG - Software Engineering (Video Platforms)
The Fox Digital Consumer Group is a strategic business unit with a customer-driven focus that is leading the consumer-driven revolution in media and entertainment. The group is strengthening and improving Fox Networks' already successful TV Everywhere apps as well as developing, building and executing new consumer offerings that deliver fantastic Fox content in new and exciting ways.
Fox DCG is responsible for driving the development of platforms and capabilities and overseeing the ongoing enhancement and support of Fox Networks' existing apps and TV Everywhere, including Fox Now, FX Now, Fox Sports Go and the National Geographic TV Apps, as well as the creation of new direct to consumer TV products. Additionally, DCG works hand-in-hand with the network marketing groups to promote awareness, adoption and usage of our TV Everywhere offerings, guide strategy and business development for new offerings, and manage key partner relationships (including the integration with Fox's regional businesses in Europe, Asia and Latin America).
As an intern in Fox DCG's engineering group, you will have the unique opportunity to partner with Sr. Engineering leads to support the architecture, design, development, and deployment of platform services for Fox's digital video products across web, mobile as well as the next generation of devices. While supporting the team, you will develop tools and services using a combination of Node.js, Python, and other relevant technologies that power our Video On Demand ingestion platform and Livestream Monitoring tools.
The Fox DCG Engineering Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical technical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in exciting engineering projects, gain real-world technical experience, and attain valuable professional skills for the next step in your career.
• Currently enrolled in a BS/MS Computer Science program or equivalent technical field
• 1 years of relevant engineering experience with school, professional, or personal projects
• 1 years of Python development experience
• A foundation in object-oriented software architecture and programming principals.
• Exposure to cloud-based hosting and systems architecture (AWS or other)
• Exposure to analytics systems (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Understanding or experience with Agile development methodology
• Excellent problem solving skills with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, identify relevant data, formulate and test hypotheses, and implement solutions
• Self-motivated, flexible, collaborative, with an eagerness to learn
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Passion for television/entertainment is a major plus
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Digital Consumer Group
Fox Digital Consumer Group (DCG) is a strategic business unit within Fox Networks Group (FNG). The group's focus is the development of TV and long-form, video-centric products that bring Fox's content to more consumers. This includes the continued innovation of Fox's existing TV Everywhere products, including FXNOW, FOX NOW, Nat Geo TV and Fox Sports Go, as well as the creation of brand-new consumer propositions.