FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fox Broadcasting Company
This position's primary functions are to support the day-to-day functions of multiple publicists as well as accomplish departmental duties such as assist in pitching and securing press interest for various FOX series, booking and organizing satellite media tours, drafting and sending out E-Alerts, coordinating logistics for events, specials and live events, maintaining budgets, and booking talent/publicity travel. Duties would involve participation on series (scripted and unscripted), live/special events through pitching, facilitating interviews, and coordinating logistics for events and junkets. The individual would liaise with other internal departments (digital/social, On-Air Promo, Affiliate Marketing, National Promotions, Current Programming and Development, Media, Design, etc.) to see projects through from start to finish.
• GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT– phones, emails, status reports, launch memos, travel arrangements and schedules (for series talent), maintain all payroll/BTL invoices, code invoices prior to submission and track invoices, maintain electronic & print publicity breaks and maintaining hair/make-up contacts. Create E-Alerts distributed to online and affiliate contacts that feature press releases, episodic highlights, stunts, specials and to direct them to embeddable interviews and show content for use on their sites. Cover for direct reports when they are out of office and respond to immediate press requests with information.
• SATELLITE MEDIA TOURS – Draft pitches, coordinate and produce all aspects of satellite media tours for all FOX series and talent.
• EVENT PUBLICITY – Assist in development, organization and execution of LA-based stunts, promotions, special events, affiliate junkets and other media events; coordinate online credentialing process and pitch outlets to cover FOX events; handle on-site issues with media, talent and vendors; act as the liaison and backup contact for staff, location representatives, crews and reporters.
• SPECIAL PROJECTS – Assist the festivals team with network outreach and communication to all entertainment festivals. Update festival contact list as needed.
• A college degree is required, preferably a B.A. in Communications or English. Should have some agency, network and/or studio publicity and/or marketing experience.
• Must have mastered a high level of communication and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects.
• Strong overall communication skills are important. Must be outgoing, creative and team-oriented. Must be able to multi-task under pressure and maintain a high level of organization. Strong written and verbal skills are necessary.
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), a unit of 21st Century Fox, is home to some of the highest-rated and most acclaimed series on television, including EMPIRE, GOTHAM, THE X-FILES, BONES, THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, SCREAM QUEENS, ROSEWOOD, NEW GIRL, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, BOB'S BURGERS, THE SIMPSONS, FAMILY GUY, LUCIFER and SLEEPY HOLLOW. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week, as well as major sports and Sunday morning news. Through the FOX.com and the FOX NOW app, FOX viewers can watch full episodes of their favorite FOX shows on a variety of digital platforms, while enjoying enhanced interactive and social capabilities around those shows. Download the FOX NOW app at www.fox.com/foxnow. ''Like'' FOX on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FOXTV and follow the network on Twitter @FOXTV. Follow FOX NOW on Twitter @FOXNOW. For additional information about FOX, please visit www.fox.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), a unit of 21st Century Fox, is home to some of the highest-rated and most acclaimed series on television. FOX has 208 FOX Affiliates, including 17 stations owned and operated by the Company, which reach approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week, as well as major sports and Sunday morning news. Through the FOX NOW app, FOX viewers can watch full episodes of their favorite FOX shows on a variety of digital platforms, while enjoying enhanced interactive and social capabilities around those shows.