Assistant, Alt. Entertainment
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Under regular supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the two Vice Presidents with administrative functions. Duties include answering busy phones and maintaining phone log; performing word processing, filing, faxing and photocopying; processing expense reports; scheduling meetings and appointments; updating credit information on writers, directors and producers; tracking all submissions and pitches; and maintaining production paperwork.
• Answers busy phones, routes calls, takes messages and maintains detailed phone logs. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
• Performs word processing and distribution of letters, memos and other correspondence. Handles filing, faxing and photocopying.
• Prepares and processes expense reports. Manages and schedules travel and production schedule.
• Tracks all creative submissions and pitches. Manages internal documents for team and department. Maintains production paperwork. Performs various other duties, as required and assigned.
• This position requires a high diploma or equivalency. A Bachelor's degree or some college coursework is preferred. A minimum of 2 years administrative assistant experience is necessary. Previous entertainment industry experience is preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills, including a professional telephone manner and the ability to appropriately prioritize multiple, important calls.
• Good organizational and project coordination skills are required.
• Good attention to detail and follow-through skills are needed.
• Knowledge of Word, Outlook and Explorer is necessary. Experience with Excel is a plus.
• The ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines is necessary. The ability to work overtime is needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), a unit of 21st Century Fox, is home to some of the highest-rated and most acclaimed series on television. FOX has 208 FOX Affiliates, including 17 stations owned and operated by the Company, which reach approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week, as well as major sports and Sunday morning news. Through the FOX NOW app, FOX viewers can watch full episodes of their favorite FOX shows on a variety of digital platforms, while enjoying enhanced interactive and social capabilities around those shows.