Administrative Assistant / Production Assistant
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News Digital is looking for a highly organized Administrative/Production Assistant to support our Senior Vice President of Sports/Outkick. As the Administrative/Production Assistant you will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. Your positive attitude and detail oriented nature will allow you to keep up in a fast paced and ever-changing news environment. This is an amazing opportunity for someone interested in getting an immersive view of the news and digital industry. In addition to your administrative duties, you will have the opportunity to learn different facets of the digital news world within Fox News Media/Outkick.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide administrative support to the SVP of Fox News Digital Sports and Outkick. This includes, but is not limited, to scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reports and day to day coordination.
• Work with multiple teams across Fox Digital and Outkick on administrative and editorial matters.
• Creating and communicating weekly schedules for writers, reporters and editors.
• Serving as the liaison and gatekeeper to internal and external stakeholders including talent, staff, agents, and production companies.
• Being available as needed off hours and weekends In support of the SVP and the digital team.
• Story research.
• Assist editors by pitching stories and pulling in wire.
• Utilize real-time analytics tools to determine desired content placements.
• Have a creative and sharp eye to produce compelling photo montages and illustrations that can be used on dotcom and social media platforms.
• Assist the social media team with producing Instagram/Facebook stories.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Strong work ethic and desire to learn across several levels.
• Knowledge and interest of sports, culture and current events.
• Ability to consistently multi-task.
• Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays in conjunction with SVP; supporting that office's responsibilities across different verticals.
• A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook, and a can-do attitude.
• Ability to handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
• New York based; role is primarily in the office.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications
• Knowledge of Digital and News Gathering tools
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $19.47-25.00 per hour for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.