Fox TV StationsCharlotte, NC
Part Time Job
Production Technician (Part-Time) | FOX Careers
WJZY-TV, the FOX O&O duopoly in Charlotte, North Carolina is seeking a part-time Production Technician, who will report to the Production & Operations Manager. The ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of broadcast television production. Duties for the part-time Production Technician include, floor directing, studio camera operation, studio lighting board operation, guest and talent management, and other duties as assigned.
Additional Required Skills:
• Stage management.
• Operate lighting board for newscasts.
• Proper placement of microphones on news anchors and guests.
• Able to handle unexpected changes, and communicate those to the studio talent efficiently while adjusting floor configurations and shot requests.
• Ability to work under pressure in a cohesive team environment.
• Requires promptness, reliability and a great attitude.
• Must have clear verbal skills.
• High school degree or equivalent is required.
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and various schedules.
• Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
News Production Schedules:
It is an essential part of all newsroom employees to be willing to adjust hours to meet the fluctuating demands of a news team in a competitive market. If special events fall on the employee's day off he/she may be required to participate, if requested. Varied hours may also be required based on the needs of the department. From time to time may be required to produce newscasts to help cover sick/vacation time of others. As part of the news production team, holidays that fall Monday through Friday will be worked, unless the Production and Operations Manager approves time-off. No vacations will be approved one week prior and during television-rating periods.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.