Summer Intern - Marketing / Communications
Fox SportsIrving, TX
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This position works primarily in the office and sometimes in the field at live sports venues. This can include evening and/or weekends.
FOX Sports Southwest is seeking a Marketing & Communications intern who will be responsible for assisting the department with the management and execution of all off channel and on-air promotional assets. Specific responsibilities will include communicating with internal and external partners regarding creative projects and deadlines, developing presentations, basic copy writing, scheduling and trafficking creative and social media materials, assisting with the development and distribution of collateral materials.
Additional responsibilities will include supporting special events and on-site activations including game day promotions. The intern will work closely with marketing, creative and digital to gather content to assist in the promotion of the three regional networks serving the Southwest: FOX Sports Southwest, FOX Sports Oklahoma and FOX Sports New Orleans.
• Support marketing department in the management and execution of all off channel and on air promotional assets.
• Work with marketing department coordinator to compile and distribute daily reports including Programming and Promotional Notes, Social Media promotions.
• Participate in meetings and conference calls related to communications efforts, as required.
• Work with other departments, as needed.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox's 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.