Summer Intern - Digital Social Media
Fox SportsAtlanta, GA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
FOX Sports South is seeking a dedicated intern to join the digital/social media team during the spring of 2017. The internship will include assisting in the following areas:
Collaborating on creation of original web/social content and posting to social channels and network websites, as well as appearing on videos as needed
Posting, pregame, in-game and postgame videos to social channels and network websites. Website management: FOX Sports South has three properties, FOXSportSouth.com, FOXSportsCarolinas.com and FOXSportsTennessee.com
Written content: Surrounds MLB (Braves), MLS (Atlanta United), NBA (Grizzlies, Hawks, Hornets), NHL (Hurricanes, Predators), WNBA (Dream) and college (ACC) products.
Social media posting
• Work with digital/social media team and production to repurpose FOX Sports South programming content for social media use.
• Shoot, edit and appear in web/social media-exclusive videos for use on FOX Sports South's family of sites that offer both analysis and drive tune-in information
• Assist in day-to-day content curation for FOX Sports South social media accounts.
Web site management
• Post stories from partner teams' sites as well as relevant content from other FOX Sports sites in deadline-driven environment
• Post videos from production team (i.e. pre- and postgame shows, original programming, etc.)
• Supply coverage, including features, news stories, etc., revolving around partner teams
• Post content to websites and share via social channels
• Preferred major in Communications/Journalism. Production or communications and/or prior media or sports experience preferred.
• Experience editing video (i.e. Premiere Pro, After Effects, AVID) and audio (Audacity).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Good organizational and project coordination skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
• Must be able to perform in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Familiarity with social media analytics is a plus.
• Familiarity with FOX Sports brand and general sports knowledge is helpful.
The intern will primarily work in an office environment, but it will also be necessary to work in the field, attending live sporting and media events. This can include evenings and weekends. Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week for up to 10 weeks.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox's 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.