Summer Intern - Ad Sales
Fox SportsFort Lauderdale, FL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Assist the ad sales department in day to day revenue generating activities. Provide miscellaneous project support to Account Executives and sales management team. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, arrive on-time daily, and respect the organization's reporting structure and follow the policies and procedures of the organization.
Ad Sales Internship Duties
• Compilation of previous night's/weekend's ratings
• Pull and deliver air checks
• Invoice requests
• Qualitative requests
• Back up for Wide Orbit
• Ride along with Account Executives on sales calls
• Assist in compiling contact information and intel for new business prospects
• Qualitative research requests
• Compilation of new business prospect info
• Special projects
• Research team ratings and impression delivery for core demos
• Research ratings of competitive sports programming. Identify top spenders in competitive sports programming via Media Monitors. Disseminate information to sales team.
• Media Monitors review and prospect filtration
• Detail orientation
• Proficient in use of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Desire to work in sales, marketing or communications
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox's 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.