Fall Intern - RSN Sales
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The FOX Sports RSN Sales Operations Intern will be based in Los Angeles and work with the FOX Sports RSN Corporate group to support the Regional Sports Networks' advertising sales efforts.
To expand knowledge of sports media, TV ad sales, and live streaming -- and play a valuable role with the regional sports networks at FOX Sports.
• Provide insight into market trends and make recommendations on the position of the RSNs within the current advertising landscape
• Leadership over analyzing and managing FOX Sports streaming data
• Help oversee advertising inventory management for the FOX Sports App
• Develop new ways to position the FOX Sports App to clients and agencies
• Contribute to expanding social media sales efforts
• Help grow best practices initiative across the RSNs, finding and sharing successes in the areas of marketing, production, sales, and more
• Other responsibilities, as needed
• Business major preferred, but not required
• Solutions-oriented, highly motivated self-starter
• Exceptional organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Thrives in fast-paced environment, delivering under tight deadlines
• Passionate about sports media, digital media, and advertising sales
About the RSNs:
FOX Sports Regional Networks are the nation's leading provider of local sports, producing over 5,000 live events each year and serving as the home town television outlets to 44 MLB, NHL, and NBA teams. The RSNs are a large profit driver for FOX Sports. FOX Sports' nationwide roster of 22 regional sports networks includes FOX Sports Arizona, FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports Detroit, FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Indiana, FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports New Orleans, FOX Sports North, FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports Oklahoma, FOX Sports San Diego, FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Southeast, FOX Sports Southwest, FOX Sports Tennessee, FOX Sports West, FOX Sports Wisconsin, FOX Sports Prime Ticket, SportsTime Ohio, FOX Sports Sun, and the YES Network.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox's 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.