Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Fox Sports Music Department is seeking a director-level attorney to provide critical contract analysis, drafting and review of Fox Network Group's media rights across all composer, production, and licensing agreement types under the supervision of the EVP, Business & Legal Affairs.
• Draft, process, and track all stages of contracts and invoicing: drafting and analysis of business and legal terms of music production library agreements; administration and advisement of contractual terms, including tracking expirations, processing invoices and compliance with agreement; support business affairs and creative executives during negotiation.
• Track and provide copyright registration of Fox Sports Music owned-assets, including gathering registration materials and managing relationship with Fox Publishing and Fox Intellectual Property Group.
• Data entry and management of media rights databases and documents, including tracking, running reports, and communicating upcoming expirations, renewals, and fees.
• Provide administrative support, including heavy file clerk and legal assistant duties: opening and closing legal files, faxing, and filing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• J.D. required with a minimum of 3 years of legal experience in the music field, including experience with music licensing and drafting contracts.
• Transactional experience in a national sports or broadcaster setting strongly preferred.
• Management experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Basic mathematical skills and superior reasoning skills required.
• Must be highly organized and demonstrate ability to multi-task and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Superior knowledge of general Microsoft applications.
• Excellent attention to detail and follow through required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group
Fox Networks Group (FNG) is a primary operating unit of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA). FNG consists of FOX Television Group, which includes FOX Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television; FOX Cable Networks, which includes FX Networks; FOX Sports Media Group, and National Geographic Partners. Together these units create, program and distribute on a worldwide basis much of America's most popular entertainment, sports and nonfiction programming.