Digital Production Assistant
Fox SportsCleveland, OH
FOX Sports Ohio is looking for a Freelance Digital Production Assistant to join the team. This position can be based in Cincinnati, Ohio or Cleveland, Ohio.
• Identify and clip strong soundbites, analysis and compelling moments from pregame, game & postgame of live sporting events on FOX Sports Ohio and SportsTime Ohio
• Use social media to post screengrabs, GIFs and video to engage users/viewers and drive streaming/tune-in during live sporting events
• Craft engaging posts and headlines to go with videos to share on social/digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and FOXSportsOhio.com
• Write blogs, post stories and update FOXSportsOhio.com
• Assist in identifying unique social content and potential repurposing
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or similar video editing programs
• Competency with social media including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat
• Sound news and editorial judgment
• High attention to detail and clean copy in all digital and social posting
• Understanding of (or willingness to learn more about) management systems for posting web content
• Interest in and knowledge of Ohio sports teams including the Columbus Blue Jackets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Sports Networks
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1, FS2; FOX Sports Regional Networks, their affiliated regional web sites and national programming; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.