Creative Production Assistant
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing support for the creation of promotional campaigns for FOX Sports. This includes acquiring, logging, and researching any materials needed for the production of a promo. The position works closely with the creative directors, producers, and project managers in the edit bays, on shoot locations, and in the office to ease and support the workflow for a given project.
• Organizing and tracking all folders, notes, files, tapes, and materials needed for the pre-production, production, and post-production phases for a given project. Provides overall production support and assistance to creative directors, producers, and project managers for the completion of a promo.
• Responsible for labeling, screening, logging, and dubbing melts, film transfers, and other footage as assigned.
• Responsible for researching images, clips, music, and footage needed for projects.
• Download, import, and export files for a project. Creates clip reels from materials screened to be brought in to edit bays.
• Research information on particular projects, sports, players, and teams.
• Assist in writing/producing on-air promotional spots as needed.
• Researching props, wardrobe, and other necessary items for shoots. Courier runs when necessary.
• Bachelor's degree; preferably in a disciplinary area pertaining to the entertainment industry, intern experience in a similar field, or a vast knowledge of what it takes to produce a high-quality promotion or show.
• It is necessary to have experience in a job or internship in a similar atmosphere so that he/she understands what is expected and what the job entails.
• Knowledge of sports is a plus.
• Must have strong organizational, written and verbal communication, and follow-up skills.
• Basic level of mathematical/reasoning skills is necessary.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required. General internet search capability is necessary.
• Familiar with PC and Mac, Quicktime Pro, and Photoshop is preferred.
• Knowledge of production/tape format is a plus.
• Must demonstrate ability to learn and adapt to various situations, possess strong initiative and determination. Highly dependable, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to deal with tight deadlines and rush situations in a composed professional way.
• Must be able to work the occasional weekend or late night on limited notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox's 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.