Assignment Desk Assistant
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2018 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assignment Desk Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assignment Desk Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assignment Desk Assistant? JOB DESCRIPTION
The Freelance Assignment Desk Assistant is responsible for supporting the daily newsgathering efforts for multiple platforms. Duties can include but are not limited to answering phones and emails, uploading and downloading videos, booking feeds as assigned, clearance requests from non-FOX entities, and ensuring events are recorded properly.
• Uploading video for affiliates and downloading of videos via FTP services. Updating shows on acquired video material and archiving material.
• Efforting acquisition of video and clearance of media from non-FOX entities via social media or licensing.
• Answering phones and emails
• Assisting in newsgathering for all FOX Sports Programming and booking transmission, studio talkbacks and homecams as assigned by senior staff.
• Ensuring events are recorded properly.
• Communicate with internal staff, regions, affiliates and outside media outlets, booking feeds and acquiring/distribution of materials/information for all FOX Sports and FOX affiliates.
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• 1-2 years experience in news operations
• Ability to manage multiple projects, strong phone and people skills to maintain effective business relationships around the country.
• Basic knowledge of Newsroom systems including iNews and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
• Very strong internet skills.
• Knowledge of using FTP and online video a plus.
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.