Fox News MediaAtlanta, GA
Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, and motivated individual with strong editorial skills to fill a freelancer producer position based in Atlanta. The team is responsible for the state of Georgia, and as such travel may be required. The position, reporting to the Atlanta Bureau Chief, is an ''as needed'' hire. The Freelance Producer will be responsible for working with reporters and our channel staff to set up interviews, obtain editorial, and craft elements to deliver compelling live shots and packages for coverage of any breaking or planned news event.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch story ideas
• Finds elements, logs events, and identify news developments for daily stories.
• Good editorial judgment in regards to developing stories across the state.
• Works with reporters to set up interviews and obtain information to craft effective pitches, live shots and packages.
• Strong logistic skills a benefit
• Work with editors to create compelling live reports and packages
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with NY HQ on assignments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience as a field producer or like skill set.
• Experience with producing news live shots and packages.
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international stories.
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news.
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Social media skills beneficial
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.