Writer, Fox & Friends First
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
We are looking for a talented Freelance Writer to join Fox & Friends First. You are a storyteller. You use creative, compelling and conversational copy to pull viewers in. You know the difference between an attention-grabbing headline and burying the lead. You like to dig into details, find the most interesting part about a story and make it resonate with viewers across the country.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write vo's, vo/sot's & reporter stories under tight deadline pressure
• Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
• Create graphics and edit video via your desktop
• Communicate critical story information with producers and managers
• Be a true team player in a pool of talented writers
• Pitch story ideas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 4 years of major market experience
• Demonstrated ability to write creative and edgy stories
• Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy and history
• Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
• Ability to work weekends and overnights as needed
Please attach a resume to be considered, applications without resumes will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.