Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated a Viz Operator to set up and playout all graphic elements that are to be integrated into pre-recorded or live programming. You will work directly with technical staff to satisfy all production requirements for live and pre-recorded programming under the supervision of the show's director and operations management.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cover multiple shows per shift
• Test and troubleshoot all equipment prior to show time
• Responsible for operation of up to 10 Viz engines for air
• Work directly with technical staff, show directors and producers to recall graphics and check for accuracy
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2 years of graphic playout experience in a live control room environment
• Working knowledge of the Viz Trio system and one year experience working with Viz in a live control room
• Live newsroom and breaking news experience is highly desirable
• Strong typing, spelling and grammatical skills
• Ability to execute cleanly on air in a high stress, rapidly changing environment
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot
• iNews experience is preferred
• A bachelor's degree is preferred
** This role does not provide visa sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.