Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Video Operator to join our Fox News family. As the Video Operator you will work with all members of editorial and technical teams to ensure video levels and lighting are the best possible quality on air. You are an integral part of the technical operations team reporting to the Technical Production Manager.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• You will chip, color correct and monitor video levels on all studio cameras, video monitors and remote cameras
• You will work with directors, lighting and make up to trouble shoot and make adjustments to ensure the best possible on air look for our talent and set
• You will frame and monitor all remote Fox wire cameras as needed
• You will patch cameras to different in house areas as needed and build, change and update scene files to shows as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years' experience working in video in a live news or tape environment
• Experience with Ikegami HD Cameras, and Color correction units
• 2 years' experience with Vinton robotic camera operations
• Flexibility to with schedule and ability to stay late often with little notice if news warrants
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.