Video Editor, D.C. Bureau
Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated, pro-active, and creative Freelance Editor to join our Washington Bureau for vacation and sick relief. As a Freelance Editor you have a sharp eye for detail and can maneuver a live breaking news environment with ease. You are a creative, enthusiastic, solution oriented, team player with excellent editorial judgment and time management skills.
Must be willing to work weekends and nights and other various shifts as needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Turn raw video into news packages and create broadcast quality pieces
• Maneuver quickly on non-linear edit platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• 2-3 years of experience in non-linear editing with Adobe Premier Pro
• A passion for the news and demonstrated knowledge of current events
• Demonstrated news editorial judgment and broadcast experience
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects is preferred
• Great time management skills
• Work well with producers
• Ability to take direction and work independently
NICE TO HAVE
• Knowledge and Sapphire/Boris plug-ins is a plus
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.