Public Relations Coordinator
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As the Public Relations Coordinator you are a highly organized individual who can manage multiple and constantly shifting priorities. In this role you will work closely with the senior members of the Media Relations and Corporate Communications teams to provide administrative support and collaborate with colleagues across the organization.
You may be assigned the following shift: Wednesday - Sunday
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Track all press coverage (sourcing links and hard copies where needed)
• Some interaction with external media outlets, including pitching, distributing news highlights, attending industry events and booking radio interviews
• Maintain network press materials, including bios, media lists, etc
• Interact with professional associates and all levels of management both internally and externally
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-2 year(s) relevant work experience- At least two prior internship roles in the media relations/public relations field preferred
• A Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, or a related field
• Strong interest in media, politics, news and current events
• Professional demeanor and top-notch administrative skills
• Must be able to meet deadlines, be results-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent research skills and organizational skills
• Must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to handle high levels of confidentiality
• Strong writing skills, and experience editing press releases, announcements and similar materials
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.