Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News is looking for a logistically strong individual, who is organized and has strong communication skills to join our NY team as the Production Manager. The customer service oriented individual must understand show production, budgeting, on-site management of personnel and be able to work with multiple departments in planning and delivering broadcast quality interviews and live shows. As the Production Manager you will serve as the main contact to all Fox shows originating in or visiting the NY Bureau. You will participate in show location site surveys, pre-plan major events working at all times to secure competitive rates.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in show location site surveys and pre-planned events
• Coordinate the assignment of crews with the NY planning desk
• Work to secure competitive rates for show locations and pre-planned events
• Travel to serve as Production Manager at major events including political and pool events
• Organize and communicate overall plan of show production
• Coordinate resources and satellite lines with the planning desk, satellite desk and management
• Pitch ideas on improving overall production systems and efficiencies
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree is preferred
• At least 5 years of experience in a production capacity
• Strong logistical, communication, and event planning skills
• Customer service skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, prioritize on a daily basis and especially in breaking news situations
• Experience with securing locations and working to secure competitive rates
• Knowledge and ability to stay current on transmission technology, including Links, Live U, cell, Microwave and Satellite distribution.
• A self-starter attitude
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.