Pro Tools Designer
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
We are seeking a passionate Freelance Pro Tools Designer to join our Fox News Family. As a Freelance Pro Tools Designer you will support the audio needs for both Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel and Fox Nation– including the editorial staff and the graphics department. You practice excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills that keep you on deadline without sacrificing the accuracy or quality of your work.
This is a fill-in position for vacation and sick coverage.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the graphics department with sound design, music selection and Pro Tools editing and mixing for all animations; this includes all show material, segments, network IDs and specials
• Fulfill all daily popular music requests for show teams quickly and accurately
• Interface with control rooms which includes operation, transfer of audio, and maintenance of the DAD ENCO system
• Understand and maintain all associated computer networks with regard to transfer, playout and use of music
• Provide support for production staff and editors for use of music and sound design in all edited pre-tape packages
• Enforce the FCC's CALM Act and monitor commercial volume using LKFS metering
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Portfolio of sound design reel or links must be submitted for consideration
• Proficient working on Mac/PC
• Ability to find music for shows and segments
• Ability to add sound effects to animations
• Flexible schedule that allows for last-minute availability is essential
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills to keep on deadline without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.