Online Lifestyle Reporter, Fox News Digital
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Fox News Lifestyle team is seeking an online Lifestyle Reporter to produce a high volume of content for FoxNews.com, sourced from social media platforms and online forums. This person would be tasked with closely following - and mining potential story pitches from - platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as online forums including Reddit, wedding blogs or parenting forums, among others. The Lifestyle Reporter would then be responsible for using these posts to turn around several short-form articles for any of several Lifestyle sections, including but not limited to Travel, Relationships, Style/Beauty, Parenting and Fitness/Wellbeing. This is not an on-air position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitoring social media platforms and forums for the latest breaking or trending news items of interest to Fox News Lifestyle readers
• Producing several pieces of content, per day, based on social media posts, photographs, or online forum posts from fashion brands, fitness models, travel bloggers, wedding parties, concerned parents, etc.
• Working efficiently to identify, report, write, edit and publish daily articles under strict deadlines
• Working with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
• Managing a portion of the homepage to maximize traffic to the Lifestyle section
• Monitoring site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiates
• Researching, writing and contributing articles to ongoing Features series
• Updating the Lifestyle social media accounts
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Close familiarity with social media platforms and forums including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
• The ability to identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or being of interest to, readers of the Fox News Lifestyle verticals
• Background reporting and writing for Lifestyle verticals preferred
• Relevant writing experience for online publications, preferably in a newsroom setting
• Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
• Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
• Ability to work independently and efficiently during weekend shift
• Excellent communication skills
• You must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday
• Position is in an open newsroom
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.