Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Fox News is looking for a strong Newsroom Manager with communication, mentoring and managerial skills who understands sourcing, fact checking, story balance, newsgathering and presenting visually compelling stories. As the Newsroom Manager in the DC newsroom, you will work with the Assignment Manager to oversee daily editorial coverage. The Newsroom Manager will be responsible for making sure our live shot, package and field producers are getting the latest elements into their stories and moving content forward. You will lead your team to enterprise stories and will be in charge of working with the AM coordinator to set up the next day story plan. You are a pro-active, passionate and self-motivated individual who will collaborate with other managers to advance the network's coverage on all platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the DC producing staff, including communicating and guiding team members to reach bureau and network objectives
• Read-in and familiar with daily news content developments and Fox reporting
• Work with live shot and package producers to enhance story delivery, ensuring that the latest information is getting into pieces and we are finding new creative ways to tell the story
• Provide feedback and guidance on story pitches and story delivery
• Oversee daily story development including tracking and assigning out stories to producer/reporter teams
• Run the daily beat call, pushing beat producers to pitch stories vs events
• Work with the Assignment Manager and planning team to put together a comprehensive plan of action for next day events
• Hire, train, discipline, review and mentor staff
• Coordinate schedules and staffing of live shot, package and field producers including the back-filling of beat producers and EDGE producers. Is consistently looking to grow employees by scheduling and rewarding personnel based on merit, skill set and potential
• Work in collaboration with other managers on coverage projects and bureau initiatives
• Develop and implements effective systems to improve overall coverage needs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience producing, including leading or managing in a broadcast, print or digital work environment.
• Strong logistical, communication, hiring, leadership, and mentoring skills.
• Exceptional editorial judgment and intricate knowledge of national and international politics
• Strong contacts and knowledge of the White House, Capitol Hill, and federal agencies.
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.