Junior Financial Analyst
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a self-motivated and detail-driven Junior Financial Analyst to join our New York City Headquarters. As the Junior Financial Analyst, you will assist in the preparation & consolidation of company-wide short, mid, and long-range financial plans. You will organize, analyze and summarize various weekly, monthly, quarterly and periodic operational results for use by various key stakeholders. You will also be responsible for managing revenue and expenses across a number of departments. You will handle day-to-day financial requests as well as the month-end close process and variance analysis. You will need to foster relationships with various teams throughout the company for successful department management.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports
• Conduct in-depth financial analysis to explain trends or variations from expectations and identify opportunities and risks
• Create financial models to assist with strategic business decision making
• Perform detailed revenue and profitability analysis
• Assist with budgeting and forecasting of expenses and revenue
• Month-end duties including: booking journal entries, performing variance analysis, compiling profitability reports
• Provide financial analysis & guidance on day-to-day requests (ex: contracts, purchase orders, ad hoc projects)
• Review invoices & expense reports
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• 0-1 years' relevant work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and broader Suite; Hyperion Essbase a plus
• A team player who can also work independently
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy; critical thinking ability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.