Director, Learning & Development
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FOX is seeking a Director of Learning and Development with the qualifications, experience and skills required to optimize the effectiveness of our learning & development function. This individual will be a dynamic, hands-on training expert capable of providing strategic and tactical support for needle-moving learning initiatives across our company.
Reporting to the Vice President, Learning & Development, you will be responsible for designing, executing, and evaluating innovative and engaging learning programs, with an emphasis on training delivery. This individual will also manage external vendors, provide consultation on training needs, and work on overarching projects that support the strategic objectives of the team and the organization. The role will initially be 80% Delivery and 20% Design. This balance may shift depending on individual skills and business needs
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design, create and adjust training content, online learning modules, guides, and course materials.
• Deliver and facilitate comprehensive training content to executives, management, and employees using a variety of training techniques and a collaborative approach
• Partner with other L&OD team members and HR Business Partners to design and deliver a core leadership and management curriculum
• Design and deliver change management plans, training programs and resources
• Contribute to OD and Training initiatives by developing work plans, communicating progress, soliciting and incorporating feedback, and ensuring alignment for successful delivery.
• Design, develop, and deliver learning and development courses for delivery of both in-person and remote/online formats
• Lead and facilitate team development / change initiatives.
• Build relationships and influence your site leadership team colleagues to address issues that inhibit effective learning
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 8 years of experience in learning/training OR an Advanced degree in Curriculum Design or related field with at least 5 years learning/training experience
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills with a range of audiences and levels of experience
• Extensive experience working in a fast-paced, complex, matrixed organization
• Demonstrated track record of fast career progression, especially through internal promotion
• Ability to manage multiple large-scale projects to ensure on-time delivery and quality using both internal and external resources
• Effective and adaptable communication, with the skills to successfully train a variety of employee types, including creatives, and levels (e.g., managers, individual contributors, etc.)
• Ability to travel up to 25% domestic travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.