Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a Daily Designer, you will be responsible for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily editorial content on Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network. You thrive in a live news environment and have the right attitude and understand the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
*THIS ROLE DOES NOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP AND APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fulfill quick-turnaround requests for charts, maps, logos, and other custom topical images based on show needs.
• Typeset and proofread text-based artwork such as promos, factoids, and infographics
• Animate fullscreen graphics including scrolls, text tears, diagrams, and maps.
• Cut out and retouch headshots
• Create logos and custom elements for upcoming news events
• Work with management and editorial to determine the best way to tell each story
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Experience using Photoshop and Illustrator for broadcast design and proficiency using programs on both Windows and Mac platforms
• Ability to fulfill a high volume of daily graphic requests while conforming to established network-wide and show-specific design standards
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills to keep on deadline without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work
• Open to receiving assignments and feedback from team members at all levels while staying cool under pressure
• Knowledge of AfterEffects strongly recommended
• Knowledge of Maya, Cinema 4D, Vizrt, and other industry technology a plus
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends or overnights
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.