College Associate - Spring - Public Relations
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
College Associate (NY)- Spring 2019- Public Relations
Our Public Relations team is looking for a Spring College Associate to work with Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network!
The Fox News College Associate Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about the news industry. College Associates are paid to gain real world work experience with guidance from top news professionals. Departmental assignments for College Associates are determined by what best matches the skill set, work experience and career aspirations of the candidate.
What the team wants:
• At least one prior internship role in the public relations field is preferred
• Strong interest in media, politics and current events
• Professional demeanor and ability to work well within a team environment
• Previous media monitoring and analytics experience across digital and social media platforms (Google News, Twitter, etc)
• Must be able to meet deadlines, be results oriented, and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Excellent research skills
• Individual must be well-spoken with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to handle high levels of confidentiality
• Team members who are responsive, energetic and take ownership of their work
• Shift Schedule: Monday, Wednesday - 9:00am - 5:00pm (Flexible on specific days of the week)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Must be enrolled in accredited college or university during the program
• Transcript or letter showing proof of enrollment
• Resume and cover letter detailing why you should be selected for this program
• Two (2) letters of recommendation *must be included at time of application submission*
• Strong academic record
• Prior relevant work/internship experience
• Committed and available to work entire semester
• Students are responsible for their own housing and transportation
• College credit is NOT required to be eligible for the program
If selected to move forward in the interview process:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the company, current events and/or business news
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.