Booker / Researcher, Kennedy
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a confident, highly-motivated, proactive Booker/Researcher to join our team. As a Booker/Researcher for Kennedy, you will be responsible for securing interviews with high profile politicians, newsmakers, and celebrities. You perform your best under deadlines, but can also book during off-hours, and know what it takes to find the unique guests that you won't see on other shows. You must have excellent people skills and understand the importance of building and maintaining relationships with potential guests. You thrive in a collaborative team environment and want to contribute to something great every single day. You should have strong multi-tasking skills, as our show features many guests per day. You are capable of putting together segment research, satellite bookings, and transportation. Script-writing experience is a plus.
You will be assigned the following shift: Monday -Thursday 2:00PM-10:00PM, Friday 10:00PM-6:00PM -
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• React to news that breaks by booking relevant guests
• Strategize with team on best booking approaches
• Pitch story ideas for both day of and future story ideas
• Assist in bulking up future bookings
• Write packets and in-depth research
• Effectively communicate with show teams electronically
• Help team members gather elements
• Assist in booking satellite studios and transportation
• Learn how to contribute in the control room, from checking in guests to monitoring feeds and from writing breaking banners on the fly to turning around video
• Learn how to produce high-quality segments, including writing anchor intros and teases
• Work and communicate with top-tier talent and guests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or 1 years relevant work experience preferred
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgment is desired
• Demonstrated out of the box thinking to have the competitive edge
• Pro in turning around video in a breaking news environment
• Ability to write accurate banners in a breaking new/high pressure environment
• You are passionate and well-read in current events especially business, politics and the economy.
• A keen eye for interesting stories and trending news
• Desire to be a leader in the identifying breaking news and the news makers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.