Associate Producer / Writer, Shepard Smith Reporting
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a motivated and creative Associate Producer/ Writer to work on our news program, Shepard Smith Reporting. As a full-time journalist for Shepard Smith Reporting, you will write scripts on a wide variety of news topics. You have exceptional script writing skills and impeccable grammar. Your news judgment is exemplary and you have knowledge of and passion for current events and politics.. You will need to work well under constant deadline pressure.
You will be assigned the following shift: Monday - Friday 9:00AM EST - 6:00PM EST
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write scripts for Shepard Smith
• Coordinate video and graphics elements for your stories
• Stay on top of latest editorial information, and communicate changes to managers in a fast-paced atmosphere
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Exceptional script writing skills, news judgement, and grammar
• Superior understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media networks and applications
• At least 2-5 years of major market newsroom experience
• Working knowledge of iNews, VIZ, and desktop editing preferred
• Flexibility to work day/night/weekend shifts as news requires it
• Excellent comprehension of geopolitical climate and current events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.