HR Coordinator/ Generalist, Ad Sales
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a self-driven, enthusiastic and service-oriented team player to join our Human Resources team as an HR Coordinator/ Generalist. In this role you will report to the VP of Human Resources to provide a broad range of support services to the Ad Sales group. You will be responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of a wide variety of HR programs and initiatives, related to: business support training and development programming; onboarding and retention initiatives; HR/training and workforce metrics; HR policies and rollout.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide HR administrative support throughout employee life cycle, including initiating and monitoring background checks, management of Workday HCM onboarding portal, performance reviews, and processing unemployment requests and fielding day-to-day HR inquiries from the Ad Sales client groups
• Partner with HRBP to consult on employee relations issues, including writing performance improvement plans, written warnings and additional corrective action documentation. Assist with conducting employment-related investigations and work with legal counsel appropriately and effectively
• Provide guidance to employees on all HR policies and procedures.
• Manage requests for data and distribute analysis of relevant HR data
• Assist with various research projects and/or special projects
• Compile information for routine reporting and analysis (e.g. wage/salary analysis, retention
• Regularly interact and engage with the HR Leadership Team and key leaders across the HR function
• Conduct general clerical duties, supporting the human resource department activities as needed
• Interpret policies, answer questions, and counsel associates regarding policies
• Coordinate and facilitate workforce training (including new hire orientation) as needed
• Maintain HRIS databases. Verify accuracy of data, investigate causes of discrepancies, and make necessary corrections
• Assist with conducting exit interviews. Analyze findings and make recommendations to reduce turnover
• Responsible for off boarding all separating employees, which includes COBRA administration
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
• Broad knowledge of Human Resources practices
• 2 years of experience as an HR Coordinator/ Junior Generalist in a company of 200 employees
• Excellent judgment, integrity and discretion involving confidential information
• Some knowledge of all employment laws, including: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act, FMLA, CFRA, Workers' Compensation, and Harassment
• Experience with HRIS system (Workday is preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.