Summer Intern - Latin America Finance
Fox Networks GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Internship position supports the Accounting department in the coordination of the company's general accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial information. Some specific responsibilities include: general ledger close, account reconciliations, detailed and thorough financial analytics and general support to the accounting team.
• Participate in Month-End Close Process and perform general accounting functions, such as proposing journal entries, generating general ledger reports, preparing balance sheet reconciliations
• Process administrative duties within the Finance & Accounting department, such as organize and create electronic filing system for accounting records.
• Assist in the coordination and performance of the external audit
• Implement and document procedures necessary to maintain and improve internal controls
• Utilize multiple accounting systems to conduct research and perform analysis
• Prepare monthly reports and consolidate reports for reporting by FNG Latin America
• General support to Accounting team as needed
• Current student in a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting program
• Previous accounting experience preferred.
• Relevant systems and computer skills preferred
• Solid accounting skills and understanding of accounting principles
• Able to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving fast paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills, plus demonstrate drive and a willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
• Effective communication and collaboration skills
• Able to build effective partnerships with internal customers and work as part of a team
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate sound work ethics, respect, team building, and cultural sensitivity and awareness
• Ability to speak Spanish Fluently is highly desired
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group
Fox Networks Group (FNG) is a primary operating unit of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA). FNG consists of FOX Television Group, which includes FOX Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television; FOX Cable Networks, which includes FX Networks; FOX Sports Media Group, and National Geographic Partners. Together these units create, program and distribute on a worldwide basis much of America's most popular entertainment, sports and nonfiction programming.