Production Maintenance Engineer
Fox Networks GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Production Maintenance Engineer (NABET 53)
The Production Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the day to day maintenance of Live TV Production, IT, and post-production equipment in both on-air and off-air television environments at times under minimal supervision. This professional should have strong verbal/written communication skills and is responsible for documenting necessary changes to the production environment as well as reporting daily tasks in a ticketing/trouble logging system. Additionally, Engineers are required to perform emergency & preventative maintenance on all systems and to train fellow engineers or operators as needed.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who:
• Has the ability to maintain & troubleshoot issues with advanced TV Studio Production equipment.
• Has the proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
• Demonstrates the ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
• Install, upgrade, and maintain Broadcast equipment & networking hardware.
• Install and upgrade Broadcast software products.
• Provide written & verbal reports or instructions to peers, management, and clients.
• Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation, training users on complex topics
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Five years experience as an engineer in live television environment.
• Extensive knowledge of live production workflow from production switchers, production graphics systems, ingest and integration with post-production systems.
• Knowledge around matrix based intercom systems and workflow within Live Production
• Familiarity with Live Studio Automation and NRCS driven workflows
• College degree in Engineering, Broadcast or IT preferred.
• Professional level IT skillset to include a well-rounded networking, software, and Linux/Windows operating system knowledge base.
• Strong knowledge of file-based workflows and transcoding.
• Identify signal parameters and troubleshoot issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors and audio distortion analyzers.
• Familiarity of technical setup in edit bays, including networking and storage solutions
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of people including management, peers, operators, and vendors.
• Skilled in Cisco Networking and Disk storage – RAID / NAS / SAN technologies, Archives – Tape archives or grid storage technologies.
• Attention to details, prioritization, and organizational skills are critical.
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment and work independently.
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills are essential as well as technical troubleshooting skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in an always changing fast-paced environment.
• Flexible hours/schedule and weekend and holiday shifts will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group
Fox Networks Group (FNG) is a primary operating unit of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA). FNG consists of FOX Television Group, which includes FOX Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television; FOX Cable Networks, which includes FX Networks; FOX Sports Media Group, and National Geographic Partners. Together these units create, program and distribute on a worldwide basis much of America's most popular entertainment, sports and nonfiction programming.