Communications Assistant Manager / Manager
Fox Networks GroupKowloon, HK
Full Time Job
We are a team of storytellers on a mission to connect with fans through innovative and integrated marketing, digital and PR. Our insight-led, breakthrough campaigns and promotional initiatives bring to life the best entertainment experience across Asia. From strategy to implementation, we drive creative engagement with current and new audiences, to grow our leading content, brands and business.
The Opportunity: Communications Assistant Manager / Manager (1-year Contract)
We are looking for a driven and creative individual who has strong communication, interpersonal and relation-building skills and is keen to learn about new market trends and the fast changing industry we work in. To be successful in this role you will appreciate the importance of successful communication strategy in organisational initiatives, projects and various mediums. This role primarily focuses on Internal Communications, with a secondary focus on Public Relations.
Role and responsibilities
• Implement an internal communications strategy at FNG in conjunction with senior managers
• Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
• Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff monthly newsletter and regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content
• Curate and collate content for a variety of internal communications mediums
• Use social media tools such as Slack to communicate with FNG staff internally
• Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees at FNG in written or spoken form
• Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of FNG
• Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
• Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
• Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication
• Draft and post senior executives' LinkedIn / Blog content
• Work closely with senior executives and communications team to clearly communicate information shared at board meetings
• Support various teams and departments in curating content for employee events such as townhalls; as well as organizing and communicating these internal events.
• Partner with HR and other relevant departments in raising employee engagement level through various initiatives and events
• Support the PR strategy and plan for the region
• Partner with Marketing and Digital Marketing to produce relevant, compelling social media updates
• Analyze media coverage; develop holding/reactive responses when needed
• Excellent strategic writer with editing and proofreading skills, as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
• Strong speaking and presenting skills – internal communications managers need sensitivity to FNG's goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
• Confidence to liaise and deal with senior executives and relay communication techniques
• Ability to think creatively and devise communication strategies
• Digital skills: familiarity with LinkedIn and video means of communication
Experience in a journalism, communications, public relations or marketing role is an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group International
Fox Network Group operates, develops and distributes internationally (outside of the U.S. market) factual, sports, lifestyle, movie and general entertainment channels in various countries in Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, including Fox Channel, Fox Life, FX, Fox Crime, FOX Traveller, the Voyage Channel, 24 Kitchen, Fox Sports, STAR World, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo People as well as Chinese language television programming targeted at Chinese-speaking audiences in Asia, including STAR Chinese Movies and STAR Chinese Channel. FNG also operates, develops and distributes internationally Fox-branded nonlinear services, websites and applications known as Fox , Fox Premium, or Fox Play, depending on the region or service.