Fox Networks GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant - Maternity Cover
Job title: Executive Assistant
Term of contact: Maternity Cover
Reports to both: General Manager, UK & SVP Business Development Europe & Africa
Location: Hammersmith, London
start Date: Nov 26th
Purpose of role:
This position will support our SVP Business Development, Europe & Africa and our General Manager for the UK.
The role is a combination of EA work which includes diary management, drafting agendas, booking travel, coordinating and attending meetings, writing up minutes, chasing down action points and supporting on communications for the UK office. There is also the prospect of some project work, liaising with other departments including marketing, HR, operations and facilities.
• Assess the importance and urgency of requests and prioritise and diarise as appropriate, responding to requests for meetings in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
• Maintain an awareness of the wider business agenda and the impact of your stakeholders' diary.
• Arrange management meetings – send out dates, organise agendas, and manage coordination of diaries to ensure all necessary attendees are available, setting and agreeing on timetables for sending out meeting papers to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Organise reoccurring and ad-hoc meetings, including organising suitable accommodation, facilities and food/refreshments in a cost-effective and timely manner, attending the meeting and taking accurate minutes where required.
• Co-ordinate any travel domestically and internationally – booking flights, arranging visas, check-in online, provide boarding passes, appropriate transfer transport and accommodation specifying any preferences.
• Arrange away days, meetings and events with all associated logistics/arrangements, assessing and selecting venues.
• Maintain electronic and paper-based filing systems to facilitate effective information management.
• Assist with troubleshooting any equipment used.
• Manage expense claims for GM & SVP – to ensure accuracy and compliance with the policy.
• May purchase small consumables and services for the department or team, under direction.
• Process purchase order numbers and details as appropriate to ensure a consistent and accurate approach.
• Organise authorisation for invoices to facilitate timely payment to providers.
• Represents the business in a professional manner throughout, to both internal employees and external stakeholders from suppliers to customers.
• Will influence internal managers to comply with meeting requests, requests for information and support.
• Will work as a team member alongside other EAs to ensure that the day-to-day administration of the company runs smoothly.
• Occasional projects/events where you will need to work closely with other EAs in the business.
• Emergency EA cover as requested.
• Any other duties the company may from time to time request.
• Previous PA or EA experience essential
• Computer literate, with excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
• Excellent written English required, with prior experience of taking minutes desirable
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a positive, friendly approach
• Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
• Confidence to deal with people at all levels
• Ability to work independently, manage workload and meet tight deadlines
• Proactive, efficient and can be relied on to do what is expected to get the job done
• Ability to be flexible and work with others as part of a team in an often dynamic environment
• Can be relied upon to show utmost discretion and confidentiality
• Highly literate and can competently prepare written material/compiling reports
• Ability to successfully juggle daily priorities whilst working under pressure
• The successful candidate will hold the highest standard of integrity and business ethics
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group International
Fox Network Group operates, develops and distributes internationally (outside of the U.S. market) factual, sports, lifestyle, movie and general entertainment channels in various countries in Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, including Fox Channel, Fox Life, FX, Fox Crime, FOX Traveller, the Voyage Channel, 24 Kitchen, Fox Sports, STAR World, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo People as well as Chinese language television programming targeted at Chinese-speaking audiences in Asia, including STAR Chinese Movies and STAR Chinese Channel. FNG also operates, develops and distributes internationally Fox-branded nonlinear services, websites and applications known as Fox , Fox Premium, or Fox Play, depending on the region or service.