Assistant, Standards & Practices
Fox Networks GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group
Fox Networks Group (FNG) is a primary operating unit of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA). FNG consists of FOX Television Group, which includes FOX Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television; FOX Cable Networks, which includes FX Networks; FOX Sports Media Group, and National Geographic Partners. Together these units create, program and distribute on a worldwide basis much of America's most popular entertainment, sports and nonfiction programming.
The Standards & Practices department is seeking an Assistant to input, track and update S&P clearances and communicate with various internal departments, external advertising agencies, media buyers, clients and delivery vendors. Duties involve a high volume of data-entry for commercial and promo submissions, and maintaining and distributing timely status reports to the department.
Familiarity with Excel and a high level of accuracy with attention to detail are a must. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required, including the ability to mitigate high-pressure situations under tight deadlines, while accurately and tactfully communicating S&P decisions to various parties. Spanish language skills are strongly preferred to assist with Fox's Spanish-language cable networks. Must be available to work evenings and weekends as part of a rotation schedule to assist in the monitoring of LIVE telecasts.
• Receive, track and distribute materials submitted for clearance efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment. Accurately enter final commercial clearance decisions into internal database, ensuring accuracy of Ad-ID codes, consistent application of other identifiers, and ensuring that complete notes are recorded.
• Prepare and distribute various Excel and other database reports within department for internal and external recipients on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Provide administrative support to department, including answering phones and coordinating schedules.
• Operate the broadcast interrupt button for live programming.
• Provide back-up support to other assistants on various commercial, admin and programming duties, and handle other administrative duties and projects as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum 1-3 years assistant experience within a corporate environment is strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
• Spanish-language proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) is preferred.
• Excellent computer skills required, including experience with PCs, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Superior data entry skills, accuracy and attention to detail are required.
• Must be a team player, and able to prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess ability to handle difficult situations or people interactions diplomatically.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as part of a rotation schedule.
• The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects including foul language, sexual scenes, etc. that appears in advertisements and programming submitted for review.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.