Summer Intern - Production
Fox DeportesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
FOX Deportes is the leader in Spanish-language sports media. FOX Deportes features premier soccer programming with exclusive coverage of Fútbol Liga Mexicana, FA Cup, Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League, Copa Santander Libertadores and Copa Nissan Sudamericana; coverage of the Major League Baseball regular season, All-Star Game, League Championship Series and World Series; Premier Boxing Champions, UFC® and mixed-martial arts across four compelling media platforms. Boasting more than 2,100 hours of live and exclusive programming, a robust web site brimming with streaming video and portable content from FoxSportsGO, FOX Deportes is the first name in the U.S. Hispanic sports space. For more information, visit FOX Deportes online at Foxdeportes.com
The Fox Deportes On-Air Promotions department serves as the main creative services team for the network. We manage the complete on-air promotions process from the conception of an idea to the creation and implementation of all assets. We are a small, motivated department composed of two teams- Creative and Operations under the leadership of the VP of On-Air Promotions.
Intern will report directly to Sr. Manager of On-Air Promotions.
• He/she will mainly assist producers in logging footage, researching latest sports information, special deliveries, and creating reference manuals as well as various clerical duties.
• Other duties may include assisting the operations team with promo scheduling, reporting and research among other tasks.
• It is up to the candidate to maximize his/her learning experience. Fox Deportes provides a unique environment where the intern will be exposed to all of the functions of a network.
• This includes interacting with Marketing, Production, Digital, Programming, PR and synergy partners. The OAP intern can expect to have direct exposure to the complete process of creating a promo as well as the planning and strategy from a scheduling standpoint because we are a small and very collaborative team.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate, with an interest in television production/ marketing. They must have oral and written fluency in Spanish as well as strong communication skills. In addition, the ideal candidate would have a good understanding of editing / logging software, especially Avid. They must be detail-oriented, team-players with a positive attitude that work well under pressure. They must have basic computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and managing digital files. Any additional production skills are a plus.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Reaching more than 21 million cable and satellite households in the country, of which over 6.5 million are U.S. Hispanic, FOX Deportes is the leader in Spanish-language sports media. FOX Deportes features premier soccer programming with exclusive coverage of UEFA Champions League, Copa Libertadores, Copa Total Sudamericana; coverage of the Major League Baseball regular season, All-Star Game, Divisionals, League Championship Series and World Series; NCAA College Football, NFL pre and post-season games, Golden Boy Promotions Boxing, UFC® and NASCAR. Boasting more than 2,100 hours of live and exclusive programming, a robust digital experience brimming with engaging editorial, live scoring and exclusive video highlights, FOX Deportes is the first name in the U.S. Hispanic sports space.