Senior Video Producer/ Journalist
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As the number one cable news network in America, Fox News' impact and transformation of how and where people get their information is undisputable. These days, we're also bringing that same drive and dynamism into delivering high-quality video storytelling to mobile, social and digital audiences.
Your future is with Fox Digital if you're a highly creative and visual journalist, enjoy collaborating in a team and unafraid to create stories for - and around - new and emerging technology.
This is a shift based role which requires working full weekends plus three days during week; the shifts you may be assigned are:
Wednesday - Friday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM; Saturday - Sunday: 9:00AM –5:00PM
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM; Monday - Wednesday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM
Flexibility is vital to this role! You will be required to be on call, work holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be the senior leader for overseeing weekend original video content
• Manage, assign, and supervise output from junior video producers
• Pitch, develop and execute new video ideas in a daily, breaking news-focused newsroom
• Write scripts, headlines and copy; gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
• Edit short form video packages using Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud suite
• Cover a range of video content including breaking news, enterprise and features
• Shoot video and conduct off-camera interviews with on-camera talent for packaged segments
• Collaborate with FoxNews.com editors to develop related video story ideas
• Supervise pre and post-production processes
• Liaison and manage relationships with guests and Fox News reporters/anchors.
• Use real-time reporting tools and analytics
• Publish videos using our content management systems
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum 5 years of experience in news, TV or daily video
• Strong command of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator
• Good editorial judgement and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, politics, business and viral content
• Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
• Familiarity and experience with various video production formats for mobile and social media platforms including square, vertical and 360 video
• Experience with DSLR cameras preferred
• Application should include a resume and three to five clips that you have shot and edited
Please attach a resume to be considered, applications without resumes will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.