Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Editor, Foxbusiness.Com
We are looking for a Senior Editor who will help the Managing Editor oversee and produce editorial content for FOXBusiness.com on its homepage and other platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, cutting edge digital unit aimed at covering the connection between Wall Street, Washington D.C. and Main Street.
As a Fox Business senior editor, you'll be making programming decisions for FOXBusiness.com. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the Home Page team, assigning and copy-editing stories. You are a competitive self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help manage/mentor a small team of reporters/producers
• Write breaking news and continually update breaking news headlines
• Assist with copy editing articles video articles/headlines
• Write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines
• Use a mix of editorial judgment and metrics to determine story placement
• Monitor all major financial markets, tracking trends and compelling corporate news
• Monitor FBN programming for compelling newsmakers/segments
• Coordinate digital and FBN coverage of news events/reporter submissions
• Oversee pitch meetings and schedule deadlines
• Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5 years of newsroom experience
• Experience and proven success managing teams
• Ability to multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
• Strong news judgment and knowledge of business news
• Experience writing on deadline for a major news website/prioritizing assignments
• Experience using Chartbeat, Google Analytics, or a comparable real-time metrics
• Must be a skilled, fast writer and self-editor with strong AP Style skills
• The desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
NICE TO HAVES
• Prior experience running a homepage for a business news site
• Experience using Wordpress, Photoshop. iNews, Ardome, Slack
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.