Researcher / Booker, Mornings With Maria
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Fox Business Network is looking for a Researcher/Booker who will be responsible for editorial content and some guest booking on Mornings with Maria. As a Researcher/Booker for the Fox Business Network you have a passion and keen interest in the news and an ability to react to breaking news with instant programming ideas.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories for the daily show as well as future bookings
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on wide range of topics
• Segment produce and assist in all aspects of daily production
• Assist in booking the show, especially in breaking news environments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• Access to unique and news making contacts
• Passion for news and current events
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
• Demonstrated out of the box thinking to have the competitive edge
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
Please attach a resume to be considered, applications without resumes will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.